Plan the Ultimate DIY Weekend with a Little Help from HGTV Shelf – iPad App Review

Discussion in 'iPad iOS & Apps' started by macdaddy, Jul 1, 2012.

1. macdaddy Administrator

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]Do you have a house full of unfinished projects? Are you craving a trip to your local hardware store with an actual mission in mind? With help from the HGTV Shelf app, you may just have the assistance you need. Designed by the experts at HGTV.com, HGTVRemodels.com, DIYNetwork.com and FrontDoor.com, HGTV Shelf is filled with photos, videos and other how-to guides that can get you inspired and then guide you through all of the renovations on your wish list.
    Think of the HGTV Shelf app as a virtual bookshelf with each topic displaying much like an issue of a magazine. With a mix of paid and free content, you can begin by enjoy Closet Cases and find the perfect hue with HGTV Color Guide at no charge, while adding Fast Fixes Outdoors with a small in-app purchase (USD $0.99). The interface is very easy to navigate.
    Vikki Neil, senior vice president and general manager (digital) at Scripps Networks Interactive is very proud of the app they created, noting that the “HGTV Shelf can help unlock a home’s potential and show users how to create the space they’ve always wanted. Whether users know what they are looking for or if they are simply browsing for inspiration, the app provides stunning pictures and content that any homeowner will find entertaining and useful.”
    [IMG]
    What I liked: I love how comprehensive the guides are in this app. With a full array of tips and tricks, things to avoid and true before and after makeover shots, it’s nice to see how a space can transform from the way your home currently looks into the way the show homes in the finished product display.
    What I didn’t like: I wish there were more projects already available because the initial content is fantastic and I am certain that as things are added they will be equally as informative and helpful. Fortunately, HGTV has indicated that upcoming monthly additions will address topics like decks and patios, kitchen design, entertaining and home styles.
    To buy or not to buy: This app is worth a grab for the free HGTV Color Guide alone.
    • App Name: HGTV Shelf[IMG]
    • Version Reviewed: 2.0
    • Category: Lifestyle
    • Developer: Scripps Networks, LLC
    • Price: Free
    • Score: [IMG]

» Related posts:
    [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Continue reading...